Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What our family needed...


Time to play together...

Time to laugh together...

Time to relax together...

Time to decompress together...


We just needed time to put the stress of life behind us for a little while. True life stresses will always be there but we were given time to forget them for the moment. That was priceless. We celebrated having a job and fathers day as well.



We went to bear lake Utah/Idaho. It was beautiful! It was more than I had expected. We were able to stay at a wonderful resort owned by Wyndham. Ok so now I want a timeshare! :) maybe one day. We spent the day at the beach. The water was surprisingly warm. Aaron and I sat and watched the boys play in the sand and watter. They were so cute! I am sure the boys could have lived right their on the beach!




We also went on a hike through a cave called minnetonka cave. I did not bring my camera because I was a little nervous taking three kids in a cave. Oh did I tell you that it had 888 stairs! Oh and the railings were higher than Josh's head. Oh and on the other side of the railing in some spots is a drop off. Ohhh yeah no camera just watching the boys. I was a little worried that they would not be a able to handle all those steps. HAHA! Who was I kidding!!! These are my boys I am talking about. They were at the front of the pack the whole time! I had to explain to the that they had to stay behind the tour guide. No passing aloud! It was beautiful in there. I will bring a camera next time. It took about an hour and a half to walk the cave. We saw stalactites, stalagmites, columns, and bats! I would recommend this tour to anyone who finds them selves in the area.


We had a great time...and just enjoyed being a family!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys got away!!! I have been wanting to take the kids through that cave to but 888 stairs!?!! Did you go to that Wyndam thing? We did and got a free stay but the days didn't work for us. But if you ever want to buy a timeshare KSL always has them for sooo much cheaper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was someone on KSL selling their timeshare for the weekend. So we bout it and went. You are right it is less than half on KSL. The stairs were not bad at all! They stop alot. :) You can do it.

    ReplyDelete