Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nevaeh's Latest Dr Visit


Nevaeh had her 9 month check up. Doing very well in all areas other that weight. As expected I suppose. The whole time I was really feeling she had gained weight. But she gained less than 1 lb in 3 months. This seems like it is going to be a struggle for her for a while. So I am pileing on the fat. So if any of you have any Ideas of what fatty food I can add to her diet let me know. It needs to be soft because she only has 2 teeth and she cannot have any milk products. I cannot wait to hear the input.


So Nevaeh said her first word!!!! And it was Mama! I am so happy. Finally one of my children decide that mama is going to be the first word. She babbles all the time and we think she says "yeah" but we are not quiet sure yet. she has also been thinking about crawling. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks. She has crawled a little but have not officially crawled. If you get her close to somethign she can grab onto she can pull herself to standing. She does well standign until she forgets sahe is holding herself up there and lets go. "Keerplunk!" right to her bottom she goes.


I love being a mom!

6 comments:

  1. Awww... she is so adorable! why do you want her to gain weight... keep her little forever :) just kidding of course.

    Your blog gave the kids and I an activity for the evening! We were trying to make a baby friendly cookie with no sugar, but fatty. So after experimenting in the kitchen here is what we came up with.

    Baby cookies!!
    Baby cereal, flour, shortening (lots), and fruit baby food... or like fruit preserves. Mix together untill you get a cookie dough texture and bake at 350 for 12-15 min...

    I made them with banana baby food, and there is very little flavor, the kids still ate them. I would use peach baby food, or preserves next time. I barely let them get brown so they have a very soft texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow kim that is a great idea thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try avacado. My Jacob hates it but both my girls loved it when they were little. Another calorie rich soft food is cheesecake. Here is a recipie without milk:

    1 Graham caracker pie crust
    8oz cream cheese, softened
    1/3 cup sugar
    2 tsp vanilla
    1 cup sour cream (dairy free)
    8 oz cool whip, slightly thawed

    Beat cream cheese until smooth, add sugar and mix well. Add sour cream and vanilla, mix well. Fold in cool whip. Spoon into pie crust and chill for 4 hours.

    Good luck!
    Hugs & Prayers,
    Christina from IHH
    Jacob's Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures of Neveah. I was going to suggest avocados, too. My Lilyann loves them and they are a good fat...so that makes them even better. I make guacamole and she eats it right up.

    Sour cream is another good thing..My Lilyann likes it with a little salsa, and cheese...but those have milk in them...I swear though, after Lilyann started eating sour cream and cheese, she started packing on the weight.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ladies you all have such great ideas. Thank you so much. we will have to see how she does.

    I did make guacamole tonight and she loved it. She also loved the home made refried beans. I added extra fat to hers because I make the low fat ones for the family. she is loving the peanutbutter, jelly and butter sandwiches. mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Are you still breastfeeding? If so, make sure you are getting enough fats in your diet to make your milk rich in all the essential fatty acids.

    2. Coconut oil in everything! You can get a big thing of it at Wal-mart and just add a little scoop to her all her baby food. Awesome supplement and great fat for her. (by the way, it's a solid fat so but easily warms to the food)

    3. Goat cheese and milk - have you tried this instead of cow dairy?

    4. Peanut butter - just make sure they are Valencia peanuts (organic if possible) because they don't have aflatoxins in them which causes peanut allergies. Or any other kind of nut butter, like chashew butter.

    7. Hard-boiled egg yolks - if she'll eat them! :) And lots of GOOD eggs cooked however the boys like them.

    Check protein intake too - You can give lots of fat but if they are not getting enough protein, they will not gain the weight.

    7. Legumes are good. They have lots of protein and good carbs - cook them in butter or coconut oil to add some good fat.

    Hope that helps! It was wonderful seeing you and getting to meet Nevaeh.

    ReplyDelete